Wednesday, April 30, 2014

9 Ways Board Games Are Like A Failing Relationship

http://ift.tt/1fxCUM2

Each is full of bitter recriminations and regret.


You fight over the petty acquisition of resources


Ways Relationship Like Games Failing Board 9 Ways Board Games Are Like A Failing Relationship


Real life example - Whose turn was it to buy the toilet paper? You never buy the toilet paper.


Board game example - Stop hogging all the ore in CatanWays Relationship Like Games Failing Board 9 Ways Board Games Are Like A Failing Relationship


Via catan.com


White lies become totally acceptable


Ways Relationship Like Games Failing Board 9 Ways Board Games Are Like A Failing Relationship


Real life example - I have to work late tonight. (Actually, I'm going out for a drink with a friend you don't like but I want to avoid confrontation.)


Board game example - I promise in this game of Diplomacy I will not enter the Black Sea. (What I really mean is I won't enter the Black Sea for one turn.)


Via boardgamegeek.net


Bad habits are entrenched rather than discussed


Ways Relationship Like Games Failing Board 9 Ways Board Games Are Like A Failing Relationship


Real life example – You never wash the dishes and it becomes a game to see how long you can get away without doing it before the other person blows a gasket.


Board game example – You always pick the lamest answer in Apples to Apples or Cards Against Humanity, just to mess with the dynamics of the game and keep your funny friend from winning.


Via cardsagainsthumanity.com


You grow resentful of the other person's successes


Ways Relationship Like Games Failing Board 9 Ways Board Games Are Like A Failing Relationship


Real life example - I don't understand why they got a raise and get to travel. I work just as hard and yet my boss seems to hate me. If I had their job I would do it 10x better.


Board game example - I cannot believe that lucky SOB pulled the Peppermint Forest card in Candy Land.


Via sfgate.com




View Entire List ›


BuzzFeed – Geeky





99 Inspirational Words from the Mouths of Greats...


The post 9 Ways Board Games Are Like A Failing Relationship appeared first on 99 Things You Wish You Knew.






via WordPress http://ift.tt/1kgAj59

No comments:

Post a Comment